The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.
—Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cleaning out the Closet

So yesterday it rained, now for many of you that doesn't sound like a big deal, but for those of us who live in Northern California we never get rain usually from the months of late May until November. But it rained and thus we were indoors, so what better thing to do was to clean out the toy closet. Being that I now have a high schooler and middle schooler, we really don't need a "toy" closet but rather a game closet. So we cleaned it out, packed some stuff away and then called up neighbors with young children to come and grab some of the great toys my children once played with. Looking at the games and toys that my kids so often played with left me with some bittersweet memories. Now they are getting so old, or shall I say I'm getting so old. As I was cleaning I was thinking about one of my favorite books, that can also be read as a read-aloud. I know I read it to my son when he was younger and it has a hint of toy story in it as well. Toys Go Out by Emily Jenkins. There is also a sequel now which is just as good called Toy Dance Party.  


Both are fabulous reads for children in grades K-3. And if you are a fan of Toy Story, which we are in our household, than you will even love this book more.

Thank goodness today it is not raining. We made many new weather records this year, and yesterday was another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment